Join us at the beginning of the season for a little golf and tennis. Spelman Blue on the Greens, in its 3rd Annual year, is a Charity Golf & Tennis Event. It is designed with a flair for fun and purpose to raise needed dollars for Spelman College students. Go ahead and donate today.
Hosted by The National Alumnae Association of Spelman College - Atlanta Chapter, this event is poised to become a premier fundraiser and signature event for the College in years to come.
Whether you are an avid or novice golf or tennis player, whiskey, wine or cigar connoisseur, enjoy showing off your high style golf or tennis gear, love competing for prizes or simply standing for causes in which you find dear, Spelman Blue on the Greens has something in store for you! Go ahead and register today.
Normally when you start a round of golf you start out on the first tee. What if you have a large group of say 30 golfers or so, and you all want to start play at the same time. Players spread out on the golf course, and everyone starts play at a different hole. In order for all to start at the same time you will listen for the start signal.
Men tee it up from the white tees and women from the red tees When you have finished your round, please turn in the team scorecard to the scoring table.
Golf - For men this includes tailored slacks or shorts and collared shirts. For women this includes tailored slacks, skirts or shorts and an appropriate fashion top. Non-metal spike golf shoes are required for all golfers.
Tennis - For men this includes collared or non-collared tennis shirts, jerseys or tank tops are prohibited. For women this includes tennis skirts or tennis shorts, aerobic and gym clothing are prohibited. Tennis shoes are required for all players.
The Best Dressed New Style and Best Dressed Retro Style Awards will be given to the most creative outfits in both the male and female categories in both golf and tennis!
• Golf Carts must stay on the paths at all times.
• Repair all ball marks on the green (yours plus one more).
• Replace all divots (use sand and seed mix if divot is not recoverable).
• Always rake bunkers and leave rakes in the bottom of bunkers with handle facing tee.
Hole in One Contest
It’s simple, make the shot and win a brand new 2019 Bentley sponsored by Classic Cars.
Founded in 1881 as the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary, we became Spelman College in 1924. Now a global leader in the education of women of African descent, Spelman College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and we are proud members of the Atlanta University Center Consortium.
Today our student body comprises more than 2,100 students from 41 states and 15 foreign countries. Spelman empowers women to engage the many cultures of the world and inspires a commitment to positive social change through service. We are dedicated to academic excellence in the liberal arts and sciences and the intellectual, creative, ethical and leadership development of our students.
Spelman is proud of its 76 percent graduation rate (average over six years), one of the best in the nation, but our support doesn’t stop once you step on stage to take your diploma. Our global alumnae network is strong, providing connections and helping hands to graduates as they begin on their path of global engagement.
- BestColleges.com ranked Spelman among the top 20 “Best Women's Colleges” in 2016.
- Spelman College has been recognized among the top 100 national liberal arts colleges, ten straight years.
- No. 1 historically Black college and university in the country, according to 2017 U.S. News & World Report.
- With an acceptance rate of 41 percent, Spelman is among the most selective women’s colleges in the nation.
- Spelman educates the highest number (at 43) of Gates Millennium Scholars than any other college or university in the country, and is recognized as one of the leading producers of Fulbright Fellowship winners. Twelve Spelman students have been named Truman Scholars and five Marshall Scholars.
- Spelman's flag went into space in 1989 with Mae Jemison, the first African American female astronaut.
- Spelman is one of the nation's leading producers of African American female medical students and doctoral candidates in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- The National Science Foundation recognizes Spelman as one of the top schools graduating black women who pursue doctoral degrees in the sciences.
- The Spelman College robotics team, SpelBots, tied for first place in the RoboCup Japan 2009 in Osaka, Japan. They were the first all women and first HBCU team to compete.
- One third of our students enter graduate or professional school immediately after college graduation.
Most Popular Majors
- ANNUAL BUDGET
- Endowment approximately $362 Million (as of June 30, 2015)
- Endowment Performance in top quartile (Cambridge Associates)
- AA (Moody’s)